Founded in 1996, Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore was the sixth IIM established under the IIM legacy. Ranked 7for MBA by NIRF 2020, it is one of the prominent B-schools in the country with autonomous status. This institute offers UG, PG, doctoral, certificate and PG certificate programmes in the field of Management with two-year PGP being its flagship programme. Situated at a scenic hillock, IIM Indore has a 193-acre campus area which is equipped with all the latest teaching aids, rich learning resources, a strong IT backbone and state-of-the-art hostels with contemporary infrastructure.
This institute is accredited by the Association of MBAs, London (AMBA—UK based accreditation agency), and is also recognised by the AIU. Being one among the fastest-growing institutes of national importance in India, IIM Indore has exchange tie-ups with several prestigious international B-schools, such as Alba Graduate Business School (Greece), Asian Institute of Management (Manila), Baruch College (City University of New York, USA), Auckland University of Technology (New Zealand), Bucconi (Italy), Egade Business School (Mexico) and EM Lyon Business School (France), among others. A large chunk of students visit these B-schools and complete one semester there.
|Ranking||– 4 for IIMs by Outlook 2020- 7 for MBA by NIRF 2020|
|Membership and accreditations||AACSB, AMBA, EMFD EQUIS|
|Number of courses||10+|
|Type of courses offered||UG, PG, Doctoral, Certificate, PG Certificate|
|Exams accepted||PGP, PGPHRM: CATE-PGP: GMATIPM: IPMATIPBA: CAT/GMAT/GREFPM, E-FPM: RAT/ CAT/ GMAT / GATE / GRE / JRF|
|Top recruiters||Accenture, ACG, Amazon, Cipla, Asian Paints, Capgemini, Deloitte, EY, Flipkart, HP and IBM|
|Highest salary (2020)||Rs 50 LPA|
|Average salary (2020)||Rs 22.9 LPA|
|Mode of education||Full-time, Weekend classes|
|Modes of application||Online|
IIM Indore Cutoff 2021
Accepting CAT as the primary exam for admission, IIMs do not release CAT cutoffs publically as their cutoffs are accessible only via account login to candidates who appear for the exam. A lot of news websites including the official IIM websites, however, publish the qualifying cutoffs. But students must note that that there are two types of CAT cutoffs for admission to IIMs – qualifying cutoff (or shortlist cutoff) and final cutoff (or call cutoff). While the qualifying cutoff is announced with the release of admission policy (for particular IIMs), the latter is announced (not publicly) post result declaration
IIM Indore Placements
The 2020 placement season was a milestone year for the IIM Indore as it hosted the 21st outgoing batch of the PGP programme. The outgoing batch comprised 578 candidates (431 PGP, 91 dual-degree and 56 PGP Mumbai students). The 2020 placement season has set new records with a 23.5 per cent increase in the highest salary offered and a homogenous mix of more than 160 regular and first-time recruiters. IIM Indore also successfully concluded its summer placement process for the batch of 2019-21. The students have been offered internships in a multitude of domains by esteemed companies. The institute surpassed the previous year’s performance and witnessed an increase of 24 per cent in the average stipend offered from last year. A few more highlights for the year 2020 are mentioned in the table below with a comparison to 2019:
|Placement Highlights: PGP and IPM|
|Offers bagged in top-placed sector||23% (Finance)||27% (Consulting)|
|Average CTC||Rs 22.92 LPA||Rs 20.97 LPA|
|Rise in average CTC||10.24%||14%|
|Placement Highlights: EPGP|
|Participants opting for campus placements||37||54|
|Roles offered on campus||30||51|
|Average CTC||Rs 24.10 LPA||Rs 20.65 LPA|
|Rise in average CTC||17%||15%|
IIM Indore Ranking
Ranked 4 for IIMs by Outlook 2020, IIM Indore has carved a status of itself in the list of top B-schools in India for Management education. In addition to this, it is also ranked 7 for MBA by NIRF 2020. A few more rankings received by IIM Indore in the past years are listed below:
- Ranked 5 for IIMs by NIRF 2019
- Ranked 5 for MBA by Business Today 2019
- Ranked 6 for MBA by Composite Rank 2019
- Ranked 6 for MBA by The Week 2019
- Ranked 9 for MBA by BW Business World 2019
- Ranked 18 for MBA by Economic Times 2019
- Ranked 7 for Executive MBA by Business Today 2017
IIM Indore Admission Process
The admission process of IIM Indore takes place via online mode only. Candidates willing to get admission to the flagship course PGP must have a valid score in CAT. For other programmes, admission is based on a valid qualifying entrance exam followed by a rigorous selection process. Course-wise IIM Indore admission process is mentioned below:
- For PGP and PGPHRM, candidates are shortlisted on the basis of CAT cutoff released by IIM Indore. Shortlisted ones have to undergo a Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) process for final selection.
- For E-PGP, admission is offered based on a valid score in GMAT to students having experience of over five years
- IIM Indore conducts IPMAT exam for admission to IPM. Selection is based on WAT and PI.
- Candidates seeking admission to FPM and E-FPM are granted admission based on their overall performance in Research Aptitude Test (RAT) followed by PI round. Those with a valid score in one among CAT/ GMAT / GATE / GRE / JRF exams are exempted from taking RAT.
- Admission to IPBA is based on a qualifying score in CAT/GMAT/GRE followed by a telephonic interview
- For the remaining certificate and PG certificate courses, candidates are required to apply online on the official website and send in their application. Shortlisted ones will receive a call from the institute after selection.
IIM Indore Courses
IIM Indore offers a wide range of UG, PG, doctoral, executive, certificate and PG certificate programmes in the field of Management. Out of the lot, two-year residential PGP is the flagship programme of this institute. Details across all the remaining courses are mentioned below:
- The flagship PGP is available across nine specialisations that leads to the grant of an MBA degree after completion
- PGPHRM is also a two-year residential programme like PGP
- E-PGP is a one-year residential programme of IIM Indore
- The five-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) is the first of its kind in India. Accredited by the Association of MBAs, AMBA London (fourth and fifth year), it is aimed at students who have passed out of Class 12.
- FPM and E-FPM programmes are available across eight specialisations each
- General Management Programme (GMPE) is a one-year weekend programme for working executives. It is a certificate programme with classes taking place only on Sundays.
- IPBA is a specialised course build for students to gain expertise in Business Analytics, Data Science and Machine Learning. It consists of 120 hours of training via live online classes, online assignment-solving and Q&A sessions.
In addition to all these courses, IIM Indore also offers an FDP, MDP, a few certificate and PG certificate programmes to the students in the field of Management. The below-table mentions the top IIM Indore courses along with their eligibility criteria and fee structure:
|Course||Eligibility Criteria||Fee Structure (in Rs lakh)|
|PGP– Economics- Finance and Accounting- Marketing||Qualifying exam: CAT- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/PwD)- Those in the final year of their bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification OR have completed the degree and are awaiting results can also apply||16.1|
|E-PGP||Qualifying exam: GMAT- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate in any stream- Minimum 5 years of managerial/ entrepreneurial/ professional experience after graduation on the last date of application||19|
|GMPE||– A professional qualification such as ICWAI, CA & ACS with at least 2 years of work experience- PG /Engineering or professional degree holders must have at least 3 years of work experience- UG degree holders (BA, BSc, BCom) must have at least 5 years of work experience- Diploma holders must have at least 10 years of work experience||5 + applicable taxes|
|IPM||Qualifying exam: IPMATClass 12 with a minimum of 60% aggregate (55% for reserved category candidates i.e. SC/ST/ PwD)||4|
|FPM– Communication- Economics- Finance and Accounting||Qualifying exams: RAT/ CAT/ GMAT / GATE / GRE / JRFMaster’s degree in any stream with at least 60% aggregateOR PG Diploma with at least 60% aggregateOR a professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS with at least 50% aggregate along with a BCom/degree with at least 60% aggregateOR a five year integrated master’s degree in any discipline with at least 60%OR a bachelor’s degree (4-year/8-semester) with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or equivalent||–|
Note: The fee mentioned above is for Indian candidates. It is slightly higher for International candidates.
IIM Indore Scholarships
IIM Indore provides Need-Based Financial Assistance (NBFA) to all the students of PGP, PGPHRM and IPM course whose gross annual family income is below Rs 9 lakh. Additionally, the top academic performer in IPM fourth-year will receive a scholarship of Rs 1.5 lakh.
All participants who have applied through EWS quota but have secured a seat through general or any other quota can also apply for NBFA. Those who have applied through SC, ST, OBC or physically handicapped quota and fall within the above eligibility criteria can also apply for the NBFA.
The FPM students of IIM Indore are also provided with the following grants and subsidy:
- A fellowship grant/stipend of Rs 27,000 per month during their course work and Rs 33,000 per month after clearing the area comprehensive exam as per norms (maximum duration for which they can get stipend would be 57 months)
- A contingency grant of Rs 25,000 per annum for four years
- The institute subsidises expenses for presenting papers in National Conference subject to a ceiling of Rs 30,000 per year with a provision that from second year onwards for attending one/more than one conference per year
IIM Indore Annual Fest
Conceived in 2014, Atharv has consistently been the largest cultural, management and literary fest in all of Central India. That is, five consecutive years of us at Atharv providing once in a life time opportunities and experiences to both, participants and the IPM fraternity alike. Atharv is back yet again, and this time, we promise you that we are going to be even more
We have been growing with each new edition, and strive to be bigger than ever before this year as well. We have had A-list Bollywood singers like Arjun Kanungo enchant us on Live Music Nights. We have gotten our bones tickled by the pioneers of the Indian Comedy Scene, like Zakir Khan, Biswa Kalyan Rath, Rahul Subaramanian and Sapan Verma. To add to all of the fun and fervour, we’ve felt the fire on floor when artists from Vh1 Supersonic and Sunburn can to rock our EDM Nights.
Atharv has a place for everyone, whether you are a management-junkie or a cultural performer. With events like Avant Garde (B-Plan competition), where the winner takes 80,000 in cash, we provide you with a platform on which you can build the foundation of your journey as an entrepreneur. In addition to that, we have a B-quiz (Pragnya), HR and marketing events like Headhunter and Vendition Vendetta, Finopoly, the Finance Event, Chaitanya, the leadership event, and Devil’s Advocate, the mock trial. You can also participate in E-Conjecture, the economics events and Imperium, the Business Strategy Event.
The word ‘Ranbhoomi’ truly captures the essence of any competitive Sport. It is about the challenge, the war, the performance in the war, the rules, the ethics, the spirit and all that contributes to culminate into a healthy competition where one desires victory, in its every form.
The three-day event holds an enthralling variety of sporting events – ranging from the popular – Cricket, Football, Basketball, Volleyball & Chess to the unusual including Arm-Wrestling, even! And, each promises to bring together the best talent from across the nation.
Ranbhoomi brings to you, three days of pure, unadulterated sporting fun. Join in, play hard, compete well, and walk away with laurels and a shining victory that is promised.
IIM Indore Notable Alumni
- Neha Rastogi
Executive Director,JPMorgan Chase
- Pramod Marar
Senior Vice President – Strategy,HSBC
- Mustafa Mehrim
Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Dubai Cares
- Anand Gourab
Co-Founder & Head of Marketing, Innovellent Technologies Pvt Ltd